Are you familiar with IRAS’s Document Identification Number, commonly known as DIN?
IRAS assigns this number to companies to make the identification of income tax returns easier. The DIN will be provided in Form C-S/C for each Year of Assessment period (YA).
The DIN is unique for every company and one company’s DIN should never be used by another organization, nor for another YA period.
Companies can get a unique DIN directly through the DIN e-service section on the IRAS website.
Importance of Having a Document Identification Number (DIN)
The company will need its DIN when submitting physical documents to IRAS and when downloading copies of Form C-S/C. Companies that have a DIN can also file a paper Form C-S/C. This form is available for download on the IRAS official website or through a tax agent’s software. Companies are required to mention their DIN numbers on Form C-S/C for reference.
Form C-S/C: What is it?
A Form C-S is a shortened version of a 3-page form for income tax return. Companies use Form C-S to report their income to the IRAS. Qualifying companies can choose to use Form C-S instead of Form C.
Companies can access the e-File version of the form on IRAS MyTax Portal and enjoy the following benefits:
- Gain access to instantaneous estimates of tax amount payable
- Get step-by-step assistance for the complete process from the iHelp section
- Auto-computation available for certain fields, reducing the probability of human error
- An extra 15 days for e-Filing
When to Submit Form C-S/C?
How to Get a Document Identification Number (DIN)?
Getting a DIN is simple. Companies can get the DIN through the DIN e-service section on the IRAS website. The service is easily accessible. No prior registration is required.
What Makes a Company Ineligible for Document Identification Number (DIN)?
Even though getting a DIN is simple for companies, there are still instances where an organization may not be eligible for a DIN.
Some examples of such instances are:
- DIN will be denied if the company has been incorporated for less than 2 years. IRAS will not issue e-filing or Form C-S/C notification before the 2 years milestone.
- If a company has been granted a waiver for income tax return submission, IRAS will not issue DIN for the company.
- DIN will not be assigned if the company has already filed Form C-S/C for the Year of Assessment period. Companies should keep track of their corporate tax return status.
Leave your Corporate Tax filing to the professionals.
Other accounting services include: