P-Max is a place and train program which primary aim is to assist SMEs in coping well with the various challenges associated with recruitment and retention of PME talent in an increasingly tough labour market.
All eligible SMEs that are able to retain their newly-hired PMEs and also complete the entire follow-up sessions for 6 months after the completion of workshops will get an award of one-off S$5,000 Assistance Grant.
SMEs that have once received S$5000 Assistance Grant under the Max Talent program do not qualify for the one-off S$5,000 Assistance Grant under the P-Max program.
P-Max is supported by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) and administered by the Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (ASME) in order to match job-seeking Professionals, Executives, and Managers PMEs to appropriate job positions and/or retain them at SMEs. If your SME has a newly-hired PME whose employment service is less than 3 months and who is a Permanent Resident or Singaporean, you should register for this programme.
Benefits of P-Max Programme
This programme supports participating SMEs to adopt the practices of progressive HR and enhance corporate image among potential job seekers. Through this programme, ASME trains and retains numerous PMEs from different SME industry sectors.
ASME provides follow-up consultancy for 6 months in order to help PMEs and SME Supervisors to align the expectation and performance with career goals, thereby setting objective KPIs. Participating SMEs that are able to retain their PMEs for at least 6 months will receive a one-off S$5,000 assistance grant.
Experienced and reputable trainers who have been approved by WDA are the ones who facilitate and deliver workshops.
Participating PMEs will get some professionally designed materials as well as templates that will help them discover their unique strengths, budget management, performance assessment, leadership etc.
Eligibility Criteria of SME
- The SME must be incorporated or registered in Singapore.
- The SME must have a minimum of 30% local shareholding.
- The annual sale turnover of the SME must not be greater than $100 Million, or the employment size must not exceed 200 workers.
- The SME has current PME job opportunities or employed a PME within the last 90 days that have a minimum gross monthly salary of S$2,500 before the program enrollment.
Eligibility Criteria of PME
- Must be a Permanent Resident or Singapore citizen
- Must possess at least a diploma or have gained prior work experience in any PME job
- Must have a minimum of one year of full-time experience at work
- The newly-hired PME should attend a 3-day PME workshop, which aims to teach PMEs some HR-related skills that assist them in getting used to SME culture, increase performance at work, and give PMEs a better chance of retainment at SMEs.
- SME Supervisor/Representative of the PME should attend a 1-day SME Workshop that improves someone’s communication, leadership and appraisal skills as part of the practices of progressive HR at SMEs.
- Submit Resource Kit for a completed workshop 6 months after the workshop was completed under the consultation of the Association of Small and Medium Enterprises P-Max Secretariat.
For more information, visit https://www.wsg.gov.sg/programmes-and-initiatives/p-max-employer.html.