Laptop is part of the tools that SMEs need to improve their digitalization and productivity efforts. The government of Singapore has decided to assist SMEs to get laptops cheaply by offering grants to eligible SMEs.
Government Grant for laptop
Laptop is one of the devices that business owners need to enhance productivity. During the time of PIC (Productivity and Innovation Credit), government subsidies supported laptops, allowing SMEs to obtain laptops at low prices. However, the support stopped after PIC ended. Now, we are glad to let you know that the subsidy is back with PSG. The subsidy is available only till 31 December 2020.
What Is PSG?
PSG stands for Productivity Solutions Grant, which is a support that allows companies to adopt pre-scoped IT solutions and equipment.
Some types of software that PSG support include Accounting, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Human Resource Management (HRM), Document Management, Cyber Security and more.
What’s New of the PSG?
As a result of the Circuit Breaker measures and COVID-19 pandemic, a new scope was included to encourage businesses to sustain productivity and digitalization upgrading efforts. Four expanded scopes were added. These expanded scopes are:
- Queue management systems
- Online collaboration tools
- Temperature screening solutions
- Virtual meeting and telephony tools
Items 2 & 4 support the following:
- Zoom or Google Suite( tool for the online meeting)
- Laptops ( limited to 3 for each company)
Choices of Laptops from the PSG
You can obtain these laptops only from M1 and Singtel. Kindly note that you can’t choose the brand. The laptop may come with one-year subscription to Microsoft Office 365. The laptop choices are as below.
|Lenovo ThinkPad E14||Lenovo ThinkBook 14|
Businesses can enquire at Singtel and M1 to know more about their eligibility to benefit from the remote working laptop suite.
Remote working is possible with zoom virtual meeting tools and a laptop. You may apply for the Enhanced Work-Life Grant in order to defray the expenses that you will incur while implementing flexible work arrangements. Each business can get a maximum of $105,000 through this grant.
Who is eligible for PSG?
All local Local SMEs that meet the criteria below can apply. Here are the criteria:
- The SME should be registered and operating in Singapore.
- The local shareholding in the SME should be up to 30% (for selected solutions only}.
- Purchase/ lease/ subscription of the equipment or IT solutions must be used in Singapore.
- The Group Annual sales Turnover of the company should not be greater than S$100 million, or the Group Employment Size of the company should not be above 200 workers.
Additional Subsidy through SkillsFuture Enterprise Credits (SFEC)
You can also further benefit from SkillsFuture Enterprise Credit (SFEC). The SFEC will help you to defray the cost that PSG doesn’t bear for you. SFEC provides a one-time $10,000 credit to companies. The purpose of this credit is to encourage companies to develop their capabilities and boost the skill sets of their workers.
You can use this credit to defray up to 90% out of pocket expenses.
In case you have any confusion about the grants that we mentioned above, kindly contact us so that we can help you out. Timcole will be glad to tell you more about the latest digital solutions and how you can adopt these solutions without spending much money.
Check out other available Government Grants:
- Specialised Cleaning Programme (until: 31 Dec 2020)
- Enterprise Development Grant (until 31 Dec 2020)
- P-Max Grant
- E-Invoicing Rgistration Grant (until 31 Dec 2020)
- Digital Resilience Bonus (until: 30 Jun 2021)
- Invictus Fund for Social Service Agencies (until: 30 Jun 2021)
- Senior Worker Early Adopter Grant and part-Time Re-Employment Grant (until: 30 Jun 2023)